Friday 17 February at 7:30pm
Albany Young Producers brings together some of the top young talent from across the City and beyond to support young athletes going to the International Children's Games.
Make no mistake, some of these young performers will become well-known and will develop glittering careers. This is your chance to see them perform live, at this early stage in their development, before you see them on the TV.
And it's all in a great cause.
Friday February 17 at 7:30pm
Sponsor Ticket £30 | Adult £10 | Concession £7
|Friday 17 Feb||7:30pm||Sponsor Ticket (£30) Adults (£10) Concessions (£7)||Book Now|
- Rhapsody School of Dance - talented students performing a variety of dance styles. These are some of the best dance performers in the City
- Charlie Blackwood - Charlie is a singer who plays guitar, formerly a member of boy bands District 12 and Unscripted, he decided to go solo this year and has recently finished a successful tour with Joey Devries around the UK!
- Elite Dance Academy - Bursting onto our stage with 3 spectacular routines. Be prepared for back flips, split leaps and very quick feet from this mesmerising dance troupe.
Tazmin Barnes - Tazmin is a solo singer who is launching her EP in both UK and China this March and will be performing a variety of songs from it in the gala!
Ffion Rebecca - Ffion is solo singer who recently toured with 'Chinese X factor' winner Mary-Jess!
She will be performing with...
- Coventry Youth Jazz Orchestra - Swing, blues, rock and pop are all part of the musical fare for the Jazz Orchestra who have performed all over Coventry!
- Catlin Gee - Catlin is a performing arts student at City College Coventry and is part of the Belgrade senior youth theatre. She will be showcasing her monologue all about dreams that she has written herself!
- Jodie Dickson - Jodie is in fact our very own Digital Marketing Apprentice, she will be stepping away from her laptop and onto the stage to perform a solo contemporary dance piece!
- Kellimarie - Kellimarie is a solo singer with her guitar. She will be performing some of her own songs in a new TV series starting in February. This is your chance to see her live at a ‘home-tow
- Lucy-May Gee - Lucy is a 20 year old solo singer influenced by country/pop music. She studied at access to music college when she was sixteen and will be singing a song about following your dreams!
- Sabina Sarbu - Sabina is a member of the team 'Albany Young Producers' who are creating the ICG Gala. Sabina started singing 10 years ago and graduated from her singing class at the School of Arts in Romania. She will be performing her version of 'Make You Feel My Love' in the gala!
- Street Mix Youth Theatre & Dance Academy - Will be performing a short exert from their fantastic production; 'One Day In Wonderland', with a selection of Musical Theatre, Street, Jazz, Singing and Acting!
Base Dance, Coventry City College, Marcus Patterson, Karina Bikerniece and Chitra Kalaimanram will also be performing!
Can you help us in other ways?
We have written to all the athletes at their last known address, but many will have moved on. Do you know anybody who took part in the games? We plan to display memorabilia from the games over the years – athletes are asked to contact Rebecca Finley, Albany Young Producers – [email protected]
Would you like to sponsor the event?
Would you like to get your name into the souvenir programme as a sponsor, with or without an advert? Again, all money raised will go to the Fund. Please contact Rebecca for more information.
Every year since 1997, Coventry has sent a team of young athletes to The International Children’s Games. The cost of sending the Coventry team has always been covered through generous sponsorship by individuals and organisations. Over the years, the Games’ fund has become depleted.
The International Children's Games is a globally established organisation which give the opportunity for young athletes from all around the world to take part in a huge Olympic style sports event. It encourages cultural awareness and global peace as well as promoting a healthy lifestyle for all participants.
This spectacular Gala will raise funds to help send this year’s team to Kaunas in Lithuania, and to also build up the reserves to help in future years.
The Gala is being organised by Albany Young Producers, a new group of 16 to 25 year old volunteers based at the theatre. The Gala features talented young performers from the local area – young performers raising money for young athletes, organised by young producers. Brilliant!