We understand that all of our volunteers have other commitments, we ask that you are available to come in to the theatre on at least one evening per month. This might be for training, development or support, or to work on an event. You will be given advanced notice of the range of jobs that need doing, or training we would like you to attend.
What should I expect as a volunteer?
- A full induction which will cover all aspects of the theatre and an overview of the primary role you have expressed an interest in.
- We will provide training and support to ensure you quickly become an effective member of the theatre team.
- You’ll be encouraged to develop your skills in all areas of the theatre
- Opportunities to gain more responsibility if you have shown yourself to be a valuable member of the team.
What does the Albany expect of its volunteers?
- Availability to work at least one shift a month
- An enthusiasm for the arts and the theatre
- Undertake training and development sessions where appropriate
Once you've met with our volunteer coordinator, we might ask you to fill in a Skills Audit. This is so we can work out where best you might be able to help. You can download and bring a completed form along to your first meeting, or you can email a completed copy to firstname.lastname@example.org