The Albany Theatre welcomes schools and other organisation groups to many of our events.
Bookings and tickets
Some of the the events presented at the theatre offer discounted rates for groups, decided by the organisors of the event. The event page will clearly show if discounted group tickets are available. Under normal circumstances, group tickets are only available by contacting the Box Office.
The Albany Theatre has a variety of shows aimed at people of different ages and from different backgrounds including many that are suitable for schools. If you are interested in bringing a school group to a show at the Albany and want to talk to us about the details, please get in touch at [email protected]
The Albany has partnered with a number of local schools who have engaged in previous projects with us or brought groups to our productions. These schools receive a number of benefits including:
- Discounted tickets for Albany Theatre shows.
- Opportunities to take part in bespoke projects; we work with our partner schools to design projects look at specific issues and encourage young participants to engage with their wider community. And of course participants will also have the opportunity to perform on the beautiful Albany stage.
- Opportunities to take part in workshops lead by industry professionals related to Albany Theatre shows.
- Resource packs for Albany productions sent out in advance of shows with synopses, talking points, interviews, classroom activities and more.
- Discounted hire rates for schools who want to use the theatre.
Partnerships are open to both Primary and Secondary schools; if you are a teacher and are interested in talking about how a partnership with the Albany might work for you, please get in touch with our Outreach Coordinator, Fred Richings ([email protected]).
Arriving by coach
There is a drop-off layby outside the Theatre on the main Butts Road. Alternatively, coaches may be able to drop-off in Albany Road with just a short walk to the theatre entrance. Please see pictures below of both these areas.
The Butts Road drop-off area
The Albany Road drop-off area
The drop-off area immediately outside the entrance to the theatre is only suitable for cars and taxis - there are no turning facilities for large vehicles and it is not safe enough to back into or out of this area.