The Albany Theatre is supported by volunteers – and we can never have too many!
The Albany Theatre is supported by an army of volunteers, why not become one of them? Whatever your skills or experience, we are always looking for people who are passionate about theatre and are enthusiastic. Develop new skills and meet lots of wonderful like-minded people in the process; we have a range of opportunities from Front of House to Technical and Admin roles so get in touch and we can talk about what’s right for you.
Why should I become an Albany Theatre volunteer?
- You get to work with a lovely, like-minded group of people
- You make sure the Albany continues to offer excellent service to its customers
- You will be part of a team keeping the Albany growing as a major Arts and Community resource for the City and surrounding area
- You gain useful experience for your CV
Who are our volunteers?
Albany volunteers come from all walks of life and backgrounds
- People who want to give their time doing something “different” and fulfilling
- Retired or semi-retired individuals wanting to give back to the local community and the Arts
- Families who volunteer together. You need to be over 16 to volunteer on your own, but we also have a band of JUNIOR VOLUNTEERS who come to help out, they have to bring their grown up with them and work under their supervision at all times (due to policy legislation, we are unable to accept ANY volunteers under 16 to work backstage)
- Theatre and Arts professionals who really want the Albany to succeed
- People returning to work and volunteering to gain experience and develop skills and build their confidence
- People seeking Work Experience
We all have a common aim to work to and achieve, with the best interests of the theatre in mind and the will to make it flourish. Our primary aim is to run a successful theatre – and have a lot of fun at the same time.